Instructions for Updating NUCARS® Keys for 2015
All NUCARSŪ keys will expire on January 31, 2014. Please read
the following instructions carefully so that we can reset your key for 2015.
Step 1: Send Update Request
Go here if you have already sent your request and received your update file.
- Launch the NUCARSŪ 2017 - Control Panel
- Select Tools -> Request License Update to launch the SafeNet Secure Update Utility
- Click Generate License Code
- Create a file using the following naming format: companyname_key#.req (The key # is the 5 digit number
engraved on the back of the key below TTCI-NUCARS)
- Email the file to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: NUCARS Update Request.
Include your name, company name, phone number, and key # in the email.
Once we confirm that your license has been paid for 2014 we will send you an update code file near the end of the month. Follow the
instructions below on how to use this to update your key.
Step 2: Updating your Key
If you sent a request to update your key and we have received payment you will be receiving an update file to be
used to extend your license to January 31, 2015. If you have multiple keys, make sure the correct update file is
used, as this file is unique to request file that was sent for each key.
To perform the license update:
- Select Tools -> Request License Update on the 2015 NUCARS Control Panel to launch the
SafeNet Secure Update Utility
- In the dialog box, click on the folder to find the .upw file you received by email
- Click the Activate Application button.
If the update has been performed successfully, the control panel will now show a license expiration
date of January 31st, 2015.